What with World Cup 2014 feeding
the beautiful game to everything from 224″ HDTVs w/ sense-a-round sound to mid-century modern mini-Zenith’s w/ makeshift coat hanger rabbit ears the mundo over there’s never been more appro-pro tiempo to hustle up some comida por el futbol mirando. The obvious choices – and FIFA favorites – I leave to the knowing (read: Latin) and besides my namesake NED looks as if they eat Mexicans I choose the abruptly vanquished Socceroos as menu makers. Besides, both la plata y pais are none more sur and though I’ve never been I suspect they make a mean smoked marsupial down under.
Nuff blogged. Should you have leftover pulled pork lying about wash a couple of these down with some oil cans o Fosters:
Taco Gringo #4: Puerco del Socceroo Samba BBQ
Hot BBQ sauce
Why stop at just uno? (Mira post previo.) It’s Weber season along the concrete shores of Lake Michigan and so long as El Milagro keeps cranking out packs of .49 cent tortilla maize amazing, I will continue to out-gringo-taco any and all contenders for any and all ‘top Chicago taco’ lists and compose really really long run-on sentences.
Diga me Dixican Taco:
Dixican Taco filler:
– mi neighbor’s leftover smoked pulled pork skillet heated and tonged onto a skillet warmed corn tort
Dixican Taco Topping(s):
– mi esposa’s NC corn relish (corn off the cob, mini heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, cilantro)
– Valentina caliente sauce splash
Futura Dixican Taco toppings/salsas/relishes/chutneys fantasized post-taco inhalation over Five Roses (rocks) with Michigan cherries y fresh local balcony garden mint:
1. Bourbon soaked Michigan cherries chopped up con Weber roasted peeled and seeded jalepenos y creama Mexicana y Lima y fresh local balcony cilantro
2. Homemade NM red chile powder BBQ sauce y peach chunx
3. Chopped fresh/roasted/defrosted NM Green chile con diced raw onion y fresh local balcony cilantro